Great leaders understand and appreciate the contribution and value of each employee. Employees, in turn, lend their respect to good leaders. Yet all leaders are perfect in their imperfection(s) while striving to seek elusive perfection!
Inevitably, not all leaders are looked up to by the people who work for them, as a recent review by 24/7 Wall Street demonstrated when it surveyed employee ratings (published on Glassdoor). In this day and age of digital media, not only does bad leadership have an effect on the internal morale of an organisation, word spreads pretty fast outside of the business as well, affecting an organisation’s reputation. So can we perfect imperfection?
According to the results of the review, only 40% of employees gave positive reviews about their CEOs. The report also goes a step further to name and shame the CEOs with the worst reputations, documenting the reasons why each of them fell from grace in the eyes of their staff.
So what did these leaders do wrong? The top three reasons for employees giving a CEO a poor rating were:
• Their propensity for humiliating staff in public
• Poor company leadership
• Excessive compensation packages
At HR Network we believe that leaders are developed. So can we perfect imperfection? Certainly NOT! However, we strive to assist our clients to reduce imperfection, We help focus on the positive building of capacity of towards perfection by exposing internal wisdoms that lie within individuals, teams and organisations!
We have the proven experience to help businesses of all sizes shape the leaders they want for tomorrow. Working with HR Network you can overcome some of the common challenges faced by contemporary leaders. Our range of leadership advisory services includes:
• A wide range of diagnostic tools for leaders, including Enneagrams and psychometric assessments
• 360-degree leadership surveys and reports
• Personal leadership development plans with and for leaders
• Developmental accredited CPD training (refer to our Accredited training courses)
• Personal change and transformation with our unique transformational Stortyboarding methodology
• Coaching and mentoring services
• Provide tools for leaders in small businesses through www.hrshop.co.za
HR Network is an industry specialist at aligning leadership and organisational objectives. For more information on our Accredited Training Courses for leaders, please view:
For more information on how HRNetwork can help your business with its leadership cycle, please submit the enquiry form below.